Monday, February 21, 2011

Let's Start at the Very Beginning...

It's very good place to start.

Wanted to try something new. I think that having a place to write what is going on, what bugs me, and how I am feeling will really help me stay focused on my goals for my life. I grew up wanting so much for myself and I think I lost track of that somewhere. Maybe it wasn't me, maybe it was more God pointing in a new and improved direction. Either way, I don't want to go through this life regretting not going for the passions in my life.

Growing up I always had a love for theatre. I grew up watching Doris Day in Calamity Jane and I could not think of anything better for my life other then to act out musicals. It was a passion of mine. If I can explain, it is like someone is breathing life in my body when I am up on stage. I feel amazingly blessed that God gave me this passion.

Now, I have a little boy who is also my passion. My little by will be 4 in a month.  He puts a smile on my face. To be a miracle child and to be as brilliantly smart as he is just lights up my life.

It is because of these 2 passions that I have recently taken on a new goal for myself. I am trying to lose 100lbs without any surgery. I have always been an "over weight" person. I have always been fine with this fact as well. I mean really, I could eat what I wanted (cause I was already fat), I knew who my real friends were, and who wouldn't want to be a voluptuous diva on Broadway?

Because my passions require a healthy person I set this goal goal for myself. I don't want to miss out on anything that life has to offer. So, I have been on this journey since January 6th. My weight (as horrid it is to discuss it) was 264. At my month check in with my I lost 3lbs but lost 14.75 inches! Very excited! I am working out, eating right, and am on a product called Advocare.

I look forward getting to move forward and have everyone keeping me accountable! :)

New Years Eve: Starting point for weight loss!

1 comment: